Monday, December 07, 2009

PRESCHOOL

Emily is getting ready for preschool. As I have mentioned, I am going to start homeschooling her in preschool beginning in Jan. I am not sure who is more excited, her or I. We have been working on a few things, and she loves it. Granny got her a subscription to H*lites magazine about a year ago, and she looks forward to getting her magazine every month. She sees me doing s*duko or crossword puzzles in the newspaper and she wants to to them too. I have made a game of letting her circle certain numbers or letters in the puzzles. She does very well with that, and begs to do it all the time. For the most part she recognizes almost all of her letters and numbers. We have also been working a little bit on sorting and counting things. I bought her several sets of flashcards for preschool a few months ago and she is enjoying them now, so much that she has them almost worn out!! I have also got out a deck of cards and let her seperate them by numbers and suits, and she likes that. She has some coloring books with activities in them and she has shown an intrest in them. She isn't quite ready to try to write her letters or numbers. I have tried to get her to let me hold her hand or I write it out and she trace it, but she gets agitated.

No comments: