Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January - February What we did and what we have planned

Just a quick update. No photos....

It has been cold, and wet. I haven't felt like doing anything. I am so ready for spring!!!

Some things that Emily says:
  • "Momma, why do you eyes look like that." She says this when I am really mad and fussing at her!
  • So many times when I discipline her she laughs at me!! She will say, "Momma, why are you mad, I was only having fun." She is definately a discipline problem!!
  • She loves to wear Maw Maw's lipstick. The other day I was explaining to her that she had to be a grown up before she could wear lipstick. and she answered, "but my lips hurt if I don't wear lipstick!"
  • Poor thing, she doesn't understand that her uncle is gone forever. She keeps asking when he is going to come home from heaven.

Here are some accomplishments for January:
  • We are now potty trained!!! and to think it only took 18 months!!
  • We are now in the big kid tumble class. we have had 2 classes and poor little thing looks so lost. You can definately tell that she is an only child and I stay home with her. She really struggles socially with children her age.
  • We have had several playdates at Chic*Fila. She loves to go there and play.
  • Emily and mommy are doing preschool at home. She really looks forward to this everyday. I have been getting worksheets off the internet and I have several dry erase workbooks. The basic things that we have been working on is cutting, shapes and colors, sorting, which is bigger, letter sounds. I have been working a little with putting the letters in alphabet order, but I think I am too early for that skill. We both are getting less frustrated with one another than when we started. Neither one of us has "quit," so I guess that is a good sign!!

What we would like to do February:

  • More playdates.
  • Find a Mother's day out program. I really am rethinking this one. I would like to do it only 1 or 2 days a month, but I don't think that is enough for the socialization that I am looking for. I think I just need to be patient, the socializing will come as she gets older.
  • Go to the zoo.
  • Chinese New Year and Valentines Day. Both are the same day this year. I had hoped daddy and I would go out for VD, but a family night out for CNY sounds more fun!!
  • better weather and trips to the park!!
  • Both Emily and Daddy are in a wedding in Feb as well. Stay tuned for photos.

SPRING, SPRING PLEASE COME QUICKLY!! I CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF OLD MAN WINTER!!

No comments: