Friday, January 08, 2010

I'M A BIG KID NOW

Emily is truly growing up so fast. She was so excited to turn 3. She now considers herself a big kid. We did have a little bit of a tough time with the transision. She would have days where she acted like a baby all day long. I recognized it as a transisioning period, and just let her. The last "baby" hurdle to jump over was potty training. Oh the will of a two/three year old!! But, I am proud to say, that we have been in pretty panties for 3 days now!!! This is the longest we have been. In her defense, I started way too early. I started when she was 20 months old. My goal was to have her potty trained by the time she was two. Oh the will of a 2 year old!!

it has been cold here, so we haven't done much of anything. I am also battling the winter blues...yuck!! We have started on some preschool things. She is so excited. She recognizes all of her letters of the alphabet, so now we are focusing on their sound and putting the alphabet in order. We have also learned our phone number!! It took her all of 3 or 4 days!! I set the goal of her knowing it within 6 months.

I know I have promised pics from birthday and Christmas. I will try to get up soon. Just haven't felt like doing it.

No comments: