Sunday, May 31, 2009

TEASER POST

Yes, I am still here. We are still in the "temporary" normal around here. Mom's car is still in the shop, so been doing a lot of running back and forth. Yuck. Things will be back to the old normal soon. May was kind of a challenging month, praying June is better. Emily is sick....again. It is just allergies (running nose, chest congestion, coughing...) and I am taking her to the Dr. tomorrow. May was just a month of breakdowns and poor health. All complaining aside, we are very blessed, things could be so much worse, and really we know this "season" will pass.

I have several things to post about, but just kind of short on time and energy, but I will catch up in June.

Here are some current updates on Emily:

She is talking so well, she just cracks me up with the things she says. It is so funny to hear your words come out of your child's mouth.

Emily and I were at the mall about 3 weeks ago and I shared my C*ke with her. Just in casual conversation I told her not to tell Daddy. We were at the mall last week, and again I told her I would share my drink with her and she said, "I won't tell Daddy!!" I almost fell out, it was so funny.

She LOVES to sing. She can sing probably about a dozen songs word for word...It is so amazing.

Emily "reads" her books all the time. I overheard her reading nursery rhymes. She call humpty dumpty "humpy dumpy."

She is very inquizative. She asks all the time "What you talking about Momma?" "What is that noise?"

Emily and dog are like brother and sister. This evening, I spanked her for being mean to Oscar, and he cried and tried to bite me!! She can't understand why he can go in the kitchen when she can't. I tell her because he is a dog, and she answers "Emmie gog." They vie for my affection all the time. Drives me crazy.

Her favorite new game she calls "toilet paper gog." she can reach the toilet paper in the laundry room and she will tear up a whole roll of toilet paper over the dog, then run and jump in it!!

You can ask her what she is afraid of and her answer is "nothing." She has very few fears, and what she is afraid of, she tries her hardest to hide it...way too funny. You can ask her if she is afraid of something and she will either say she isn't or she will avoid the question.

She can't pronounce her "f's" so flip flops are "sip sops."

If I tell her I have a headache, she rubs my head (she says that makes it feel bebber) and wants to know where the bleed is !!!

OK, I am sure I have lost you by now....way more info than you wanted to know!!

I will have some more "exciting" posts up in a few days....

1 comment:

jeanette said...

ok-hoping and praying June is much better than May was. :)

isn't it amazing how quickly they grow and learn and change?! love the little updates on Emily. :)