Thursday, May 07, 2009

EMILY IS SICK

***UPDATE ON SICK EMILY*****
Emily is feeling much better - praise God!!! Her fever broke this morning. She woke up at 3:00 am burning up, I gave her M*trin, and that did the trick. She slept in till almost 7:30 (lately she has been getting up before 6). And she has been a monkey girl all morning - you know - into everything, climbing on everything (caught her climbing onto a door knob!!) and jumping off of evrything, and terrorizing the dog. So glad to have my monkey girl back. I have also got some decent rest, so I feel much better. Check back this afternoon, and you just might see a happy post!!! Thanks for the prayers - please continue......



Just a quick post. Things have been super crazy around here and I have not had the time to post. Cars broke down, fridge that has gone out. Yuck. We had to put mom's car in the shop, got it out and it had to go back, still not fixed. We had to call a repairman for fridge, had to call repairman back out 2 days later. I have had to take D to work (45 miles one way), leaving the house at 5 am, then take my mom to work (25 miles one way), then stay "in town" and go pick up D, then feed and put Emily to bed, take a quick nap and go pick up mom for midnight.

And worst of all, Emily is now sick. When I put her to bed last night she told me she was sick. I gave her some ty*nol. She woke up at 2:30 crying and shaking like a leaf. She was burning up with fever, 104.5 (she is prone to high fevers). We took her straight to the ER. They ran a battery of tests and basically couldn't find anything wrong with her. We got back home at 7:30 am, and I got a little rest but not much. Poor little thing she is still pretty sick. Will you please pray for her.

Sorry for the whining, but I am pretty sleep deprived!!

I do have some pics to post, but will have to do that when I have more time and not as tired.

Here are some quick phrases and things that she is saying lately

Everything is WHY.
If you ask her something and she doesn't want to tell you the answer she says: "Mommy tell Emmie"
She always wants daddy to have candy because he shares with her. She says "buy daddy candy, daddy share with Emmie."

There were some other cute phases that she says that I wanted to post, but I am so tired I can't even think!!

Sorry for such a whiny post, but I'll make it up with "happy posts" once Emily gets better, and I get some much needed sleep and am back into our routine!!

1 comment:

jeanette said...

so sorry so much is going on over there. I was tired just reading it-you must be exhausted!

Sorry Emily is sick too. My kids run high fevers as well-lukewarm baths and alternate tyl*enol and m*trin....we've found those high fevers are usually indicative of a virus, which just has to run its course. it's awful watching them go thru it. oh -we were also told to have them in as little clothing as possible so the body could "breathe" and let the heat escape.

praying she gets better!