Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Birthday











Emily is 2 - so hard to beleive. I still look at her and can't beleive I am a Momma.

We have had lots of birthday fun in the last couple of days. We had her party Sunday. It was just immediate family (still 22 people!) and was only cake, ice cream and presents of course!! She really enjoyed it and got into it. We started talking about her birthday and birthday party late last week. She knew the cake and cupcakes were for her birthday. We told her Sunday morning that she was having a birthday party and told her who all was coming. She stood at the window waiting for them to come. Once they started arriving, she was so excited to see the presents, and was just a little overwhelmed that everyone was here at one time!! She did spend a little bit of time with everyone, and there were cameras going off all over the place. And she dug right into her cake. I had her seated at the table and she had a little cake all to herself. I had it a little too close to all the plastic forks that I had out, so she ate her cake with about 6 different forks!!

Monday we went to a gymnastics class. I am trying to get her in a class that starts in Jan., and I had a coupon for a free class. She loved it!! Her favorite thing to do is jump. The floor is a spring floor and they had several trampolines, so she was in heaven. I will know Monday if I am able to get her in the next class that starts Jan. 19. I sure hope I can, she will absolutely love it.
Then today for her birthday, Donnie and I and Grandma and kunkle took her to Ch**kie Ch**s* to eat pizza and play. Her favorite part of that was the money and feeding the games. Anytime she sees any money, she says "feed pig," which means she wants to put it in her piggy bank!!

Yesterday when she got up, she grabbed Daddy's cell phone and said, "call Daddy," and "call birthday." This morning when I asked her what she wanted for breakfast, she wanted birthday cake!!

Even though this Christmas season has been a little different with Daddy's neck and surgery and all, it has really been enjoyable. It has been so nice for us to be together for these past 2 weeks. Yes, we have had to scale back some of our activies, but I have a very laid back personality, so it has been great. We have done very little shopping, but Christmas really isn't about the gifts, it is about Jesus. It is so easy to get caught up in all the hustle and bustle of Christmas, and miss the true magic and miracle of Christmas - Christ. More than any thing that we buy her, I want Emily to see Christ in us.

Tonight after she ate supper she said "I love you Momma!" So precious. She will tell you "love, love, love" if you ask her to, but this was totally unprompted. All I could do was look at Daddy, and say did I just hear what I thought I did? And Daddy just answered her and told her Momma loved her too. She then said, "I love you Daddy." We both almost melted!!!

Happy Birthday my sweet Emily. You have brought us so much joy. We are just amazed as we watch you blossom into a precious child. Daddy and I know that God has special plans for you, and we can't wait to see what He has in store for you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what a special little girl, just precious

jeanette said...

Happy Birthday Emily!!!
I can't believe you're 2.