Saturday, January 17, 2009

QUICK UPDATE

Just a quick update. I am temporarily (hopefully) unable to post pictures. Miss Emily put a nickel in my card reader of the computer!! I was going to upload photos the other day, I tried to put a card in and I heard POP and the computer went dead. Donnie had to take the whole computer apart to said nickel out (computer would not run until it was removed). We need to get the computer checked out. It is running, but were not sure if it will continue to run. Oh well!! If I don't post for a while you now know why.
We have had quite a bit of out of town company this month. I have a cousin who lives in Canada that I have not seen in almost 15 years who came by for a day and a half. We had a really nice visit, and of course she loved Emily.
Daddy has gone back to work. That was a big adjustment for Emily. She has to call Daddy everyday. Donnie is feeling pretty well. I am kind of worried because he is so high strung, it is hard for him to rest. I wanted him to go back for less hours at first. You guessed it, he went back working 9 to 10 hour days, and he is really tired. He has behaved himself and is watching what he does. He is still on restriction as far as what he can lift (10 to 15 pounds), and can't do anything that would jar the spine and neck. And this will be for the next 8 to 10 months!!
Emily starts gymnastics monday. She is so excited. When we get dressed every morning, she says "wear to tumble". Emily has also given up sucking her thumb. Yeah!!! She quit sucking her thumb between Christmas and New Year. I guess it was her New Year Resolution!!!! I think either her mouth was sore or her thumb was sore, but it hurt to suck her thumb, so she just quit cold turky. When I am sure the computer is running right, I will do a post of some of the MANY pictures that we have taken where she has her thumb in her mouth. I do kind of miss the cuteness of it, but I was also afraid she was going to graduate high school with her thumb in her mouth!!! I really am glad I didn't have to do anything to break her of that habit.
Other updates on Emily: she is growing like a weed, and talking more and more everyday, and is smarter than a whip!! She can undo the gate that was supposed to keep her out of the kitchen. She can climb up on the bar stools, which is how she got to the computer. One of the first things she does when she gets up is grab the phone and says "call birthday - birthday come back." She really enjoyed her birthday. It is always hard to make Dec. baby's birthday special with all the excitement of Christmas, but we must have done something right!!
I will try to do another update next week hopefully with pictures!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to pics..Thanks for updating us