Monday, July 12, 2010

Long Time No Blog

No excuses...just not taking the time. I do love to blog, but lately it has become a chore.

We have really been enjoying our summer. We spend a lot of time outside and Emily is "brown as a biscuit" as our neighbor Ms. Ann says. She looks so cute, she has tan lines. Her favorite outdoor activities are bubbles, her sand table (she loves loves her sand table), and of course playing in the water. We definately have a water bug. Swimming lessons went very well. She loved her teacher, Ms. Glenda, and Mommy does too. Ms. Glenda had them diving to the bottom of the pool (3 foot area) within the first 5 monutes. It was so amazing to see 3 year olds not afraid to swim underwater let alone going to the bottom of the pool!! I took plenty of pics, I will post later.

Emily is of course growing like a weed. She is now big enough for a booster seat. She is 35 1/2 inches tall and weighs right at 30 pounds. Such a big girl. She is so fun to have a conversation with. You never know what she is going to say!! I will do a "the things she says" post soon too...it will knock your socks off. She is so funny...and smart!!

Mommy has been a slacker a little bit on the preschool front too. But I am getting ideas and materials together to start back full force in August. I am going to start her on reading and writing. She really is ready to read. She gets mad at me because I haven't taught her how to read yet!! She recognizes all her letters, and knows the sound they make. We struggle with getting her to write her letters. She will trace them all day long and loves to do that, but she won't write it!! GRRRR, it is hard for me to not get frustrated. I keep telling myself that she is only 3 1/2.

I will try to post pics later. And I will work on blogging more. I am so far behind on her scrapbook, the blog is kind of taking the place of the scrapbook, so I need to start blogging more. My memory isn't quite what it used to be!!

Hope you are enjoying your summer as much as we are.

No comments: