Sunday, October 21, 2007

TEN

We are now officially down to under 10 days till we leave!! I don't beleive it has has really sunk in yet. I guess it will be real when I am walking the floors with a crying baby!! In honor of 10 days out, here is a top ten list of prayer requests:

10) Safe travels
09) Good health
08) Not having to use a squatty potty!!! I know, I know, when in China Potty as the Chinese, but I just don't think I can!
07) Easy transition to China time
06) Good weather
05) Family and friends at home
04) For Emily - We have been anticipating her for 3 years, this will be very abrupt for her, and totally life changing. She is giving up EVERYTHING that she knows.
03) Greiving - that Emily would properly greive, and that we would be help her in a positive way.
02) Wisdom for Donnie and I. We have never been parents before.
01) Healthy Bonding.

I have begun packing, hope to finish next weekend, or atleast by next Tue. (we leave early Thurs morning.) This coming week will be a very rough one. My boss has asked me to work as many hours as possible this week. I am going to try to work 4 - 12 hour days, we will see. Donnie is going to be out of town alot this week too. During the evening he is going to paint the nursery. Again, a difference in our personalities, I was fine with not decorating her room, but he can't stand it. I think it also gives him something to do to prepare for her as well. I am only working throuh Thursday of this week, then I am out till atleast Dec. I plan on spending the week before we go finishing packing, and getting the house clean, and playing. There are several friends that I want to spend some time with before we leave, and I would love to find some time to scrapbook, but again, we will have to see.
I will try to post one more time before we leave. TTFN (TA TA For Now)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Excited for you. We are having prayer time over at my blog..we will add you

Global Girl said...

Becky,

I wish all of those things for you and more :) Can't wait to follow your journey in China. I'll send you an email before you leave.

Thinking of you,
-Kate

Steffie B. said...

can't wait.....!

Steffie B. said...

Counting down with you! ;)